Wednesday, 3 October 2007

More Felting

I've been working on more pumpkins. I decided to do my own interpretation of the pattern I found so confusing and made two of the miniature pumpkins - one in orange and one in a mustard yellow yarn. This is what they looked like before felting:

I felted them in the washing machine with some dark clothes. The three orange pumpkins felted about 80%. Some stitch detail is still evident but I think that's as good as it can get with my washing machine. The other pumpkin hardly felted at all.

Again, I used red acrylic yarn to define the veins. It is cut and removed when they're dry.

The largest pumpkin was knitted in the round with purl stitches defining the veins so it didn't need any additional treatment.

I finished the triangular shawl last night and am back working on the market bag straps. Once I get the 2nd strap done, I'll go back and finish the body of the bag.

In addition to my 40 minute walk on the treadmill this morning, I vacuumed the house from top to bottom. I'm hoping all the sweating I did whilst vacuuming pays off.

We've been having unseasonably warm weather. It's going to go as high as 27C on Saturday when we'll be attending a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment