Sunday, 8 June 2008

Havin' a Heat Wave....

I had a very nice visit to visit my sister and friends in the Sarnia/Petrolia area. Thursday, after I arrived, we had a delicious lunch at 'Somewhere' in Petrolia. I had a yummy BLT in sunflower bread. Then we went to Country Yarns but there was 'nothing to die for'. Dinner was a catered ham, scalloped potato, baked beans, corn and dessert affair at Valerie's condo. Then we went to visit my niece and her family.

Friday morning, I met some of my former colleagues who are also retired for their monthly breakfast. Then Valerie and I headed to Port Huron, MI to shop. I bought some Noro Cash Iroha, some felting needles and a 5" x 5" square frame. We then went to JoAnn Fabrics and they had the rest of the yarn for my Great American Aran Afghan (GAAA) and the colourway seems to be identical to the ones I already have. YAY!!

I found a sale on Kool-Aid at Kroger's - 8 for $1!!! Woo-Hoo. Valerie gave me 4 hanks of very fine wool yarn which I can use for dyeing. She also gave me some thin stainless steel wires for yarn blocking. Darryl gave us even thinner ones. I'm going to reblock my clapotis and see if it improves the look.

Friday evening, I went for dinner at Floyd's. We had a nice visit and I got to meet his new kitty, Bede.

Bede is a real sweetie-pie and likes to climb on the laps of any available people. However, he weighs 17 lb. so one can only stand it for so long.

On my way home on Saturday, I stopped in at Mary's Yarns in Unionville. I bought a ball of beige Lana Grossa sock yarn on sale with the idea that I'll dye it.

I'm hoping it'll come out as a nice heather-y colour. As it has 25% nylon, it will also have beige-ish threads.

I also bought some chunky wool to make the Fiber Trends Felt Clogs.

Last night I finished the second square of the GAAA.

There is quite a bit of difference in the size between the first two squares. I'm not sure if I'll re-knit it on smaller needles. What to do. What to do.

I'm working on the third one designed by Ginette Belanger.

We've had 34C weather these past three days. I'm not complaining but am very grateful for air-conditioning. Yesterday when it was so breezy, it reminded me of the hottest day we had in February in southern Texas. Ahhhhhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment