Before I became enthralled with knitting, I was an avid cross-stitcher. Since Vickie opened Hedgehog Stitchery, I've taken up cross-stitching again - at least on Tuesday nights when 'It's Stitchin' Time'. Last night I started a wee project using silk threads. It's a Jeannette Douglas design called "Take Time To Knit". It calls for one ply of the silk thread over two threads of 32 count Jobelan fabric. Vickie helped me separate the colours of thread as, in some cases, it was really hard to distinguish between two different shades.
I have a bunch of FOs (finished objects) or nearly FOs so I thought I'd take pictures of them for posterity. I recommend taking pictures of one's projects because incomplete sections are really easy to spot in a picture. (click on image to enlarge) For example,
the outline of the toe stitches on the horse stocking on the left and many of the stitches need crossing. This is from Need'l Love "Barnyard Stocking Stuffers".
Here, I need to finish the stitches on the 'p' of 'sheep',
This is an X's and Oh's design. I finished it last week.
I just need to finish the one line of stitching around the border and attach the snail charm in this Lizzie Kate Flipit - May.
I bought this kit in San Antonio, TX March 2006.
Here's another Lizzie Kate kit in the Boxer series. They're very cute kits which include the pattern, needle, buttons and fabric in a CD case. You just need to provide the DMC floss.
I just need to add the little buttons which are the bees' wings. I have all 4 seasons completed now. I have them in 5" frames and hang them in the foyer and switch them with the seasons.
I believe Vickie could order any of these kits and patterns.
I continue to work on the 'Palindrome Scarf' in Berroco Ultra Alpaca. It's lovely yarn to work with.
It will be about 7 feet long when finished as I'm going to completely use up the second skein.
If I were to do it again, I'd add a 4th cable row to make it another 1.5" wider, especially if using a lighter yarn like a DK weight. That would involve casting on another 12 stitches. Vickie also suggested that the cables could be staggered so that every other one starts half way up.
It is a very easy knit and I would definitely use this pattern again.