- I found my misplaced knitting this morning! YAY! It was shoved under the driver's seat of the car. I even got a couple of rows knit on it.
- the temperatures rose from 6C near Birmingham, AL this morning to a high of 19C in Lafayette when we checked into our lodgings.
- we had an excellent Italian meal at Antoni's in Lafayette near the U of Lafayette campus
- our plan to evade the freezing rain worked!
- it poured rain for much of our drive today
- some of the pavement on the interstates today was really noisy to drive on. Combined with the torrential rain, it was a very wearing drive
- the temperatures have dropped this evening since the sun went down
Sunday night we plan to spend the night near McAllen, TX in Edinburg - home of the Scenic Wetlands aka the sewage ponds.
I haven't dug out my camera USB cord so I can't post any photos yet. Hopefully tomorrow.