Here are some that I regularly download. I'm won't insert all of the links so just google them and listen to them or download them as you see fit. You can also open iTunes and use the search feature to download them. You can subscribe to podcasts and then they'll automatically download whenever a new one is available the next time you open iTunes. Then synch your iPod. If you don't have an iPod, you can listen to them on your computer or download them to your mp3 player.
Here they are in no particular order:
- The KnitPicks Podcast - KnitPicks
- Ready, Set, Knit! - WEBS podcast
- Sticks and String Podcast - David Reidy, 'an Australian bloke who knits'
- Never Not Knitting Podcast
- Knit Obsession with zknits
- Knitty Nora's Knitting Natter
- The Manic Purl Podcast
- She-Knits Smalltalk Podcast (formerly She-Knits Podcast: the Knitting Circle)
- Yarn Thing: Crochet and Knitting
- Limenviolet's Podcast (I find this one quite annoying but some may enjoy
- Socks in the City
- Stitch Stud and his Bride
- Sleepy Eyes Knits
- Let's Knit2gether - a video podcast
The purple is the main colour. Some knitters on Ravelry have knit it in the round and steeked it so as to avoid having to purl with two colours but I haven't tried steeking yet and wasn't brave enough to do it with this big project so I'm just doing it as printed. I'm not finding that purling the two-colour work is very difficult anyway.
This sweater is seamless with the body and sleeves knit separately and then joined at the yoke with the fair isle pattern. Then the little stars are embroidered along the centre of the fair isle design.
I think it will knit up quite quickly.