Sunday, 28 July 2013


I really like the design of the 'Grab Bags' that I made a couple of weeks ago but wanted to downsize the pattern so one bag could be made with a fat quarter for the outer fabric and a fat quarter for the inner fabric. My printer doesn't have a reduction option but when I was perusing the printing options, I noticed I can scale documents down.

The original pattern is 13 1/4" wide including the seam allowances and I needed it to be a little less than 11" wide to fit on a folded 22" fat quarter. With some experimentation, I tried a reduction to 80% and it was the right size!

Before this reduction, I had already bought 1/2 yd. of each fabric so I was able to make 2 smaller grab bags.

This is what the inside looks like. They are fully reversible but I like the flowery outside and the stripey inside.

Scooter ran another excellent 5K yesterday. He ran personal best at 17:06. 

Surprisingly someone beat him by about 45 seconds. Not sure how that happened. He was bummed he didn't win but somewhat pleased that he had a personal best.

No comments:

Post a Comment