Last weekend, Mo was the gracious host at her mom's cottage. On the way we picked up the 15 3/4" LeClerc Dorothy loom in Belleville that I had found on Kijiji. The only thing that didn't come with it was a raddle but I had one that I fashioned to use with the loom I had borrowed from Paula. It is a table loom that folds up to a relatively compact size - 16" x 24" x 8". My mind is swimming with stuff I want to try weaving.
Then we went to Picton for lunch and to explore a couple of the cute shops. Once at the cottage, we began our knitting in earnest. Mo was designing a shawl she wanted to knit for her mother. I started knitting Orchid Thief using a skein of my handspun.
created a chart for this row.
Once I got that done I progressed pretty quickly. Of course, the rows got longer and longer but I finished binding off last night and blocked it this morning. I ran wires through the centre spine and through the eyelet radiating from the points of the leaves at the neck. Basically, it is a triangular shawl with a big, leafy border and additional half segments on either side of the hypotenuse of the triangle.
It sits nicely on the shoulders.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This was a good project for this particular skein of handspun.