Saturday, 24 May 2014
I found a braid of 70/30 merino/seacell roving in turquoise and purple in my stash. I decided to spin the colours separately as much as possible. The turquoise and purple were easy to separate.
I spun the roving with both colours as the transition.
Here are the three bobbins of singles.
There was a bit of barberpole-ing even within the solid colours.
The blended colour was actually quite consistent.
168 yards of turquoise, 100 yards of the blended skein and 150 yards of the purple for a total of 418 yards of fingering weight.
I am now going to look for a pattern that would suit this gradient yarn.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)