Tuesday, 30 September 2014
A while back I started spinning this superwash merino fibre that had been dyed in my favourite colours.
There were longish bands of colour on the singles.
In order to avoid a lot of barberpoling, I decided to Navajo-/chain-ply it, realizing I'd get less yardage but maintaining the colour integrity.
I was happy to get 404 yards of three-ply.
And now I need to knit this into something fabulous.
I have three other projects on the go right now so won't decide 'til I finish at least one of them.
Yesterday I sewed up a project bag for me that I had cut out a week ago and was just waiting for an hour or so to get to the sewing machine.
Boots!!! And the leaves on the neighbour's maple trees are starting to turn.
I decided to line it with low-loft batting...
and used this coordinating striped fabric for the lining.
One of my unfinished knitting projects will fit in it very nicely.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)