Friday, 11 September 2015

Photogenic Fibre

I finished plying two bobbins of handspun on Monday night. I just found the band that was on the braid of fibre.

 It bloomed a bit when I washed it.
I got 372 yd out of the 115g of fibre. I estimate that it's a light sport weight.
I think it would make a lovely scarf and have been combing Ravelry for the perfect pattern.

I blocked the Nurmilintu shawl the other day. It turned out beautifully and photographed it with various backgrounds.
I love a good picot edge.
Because of the garter stitch, the shawl is completely reversible.
But I failed to photograph it from the other side.
Outside, it blends in beautifully with the other greenery in our yard.

This weekend is the Knitter's Fair in Kitchener. Some of my knitting peeps and I are carpooling to the event. We'll be up bright and early to get there close to the opening. Then out for lunch and possibly a visit to Len's Mill Store to have a look at fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment