While on the cruise, I worked on the Silverleaf Shawlette off and on. I actually knit one garter stitch/eyelet course too far as I was running out of yarn while knitting the lace edge so had to rip back. I finished the picot edging in New Orleans and just now got the shawl blocked.
I was lazy and only ran the wires through the picots, and along the other short side, pinning each of the three points.
I'll have some nice pics of the blocked shawl very soon.
This pattern would be excellent to combine multi-coloured handspun on the garter stitch part with a coordinating solid or tonal yarn on the lace part. The garter stitch pattern is very easily internalized and the chart for the lace was easy to follow.
I'll be making a few more of these.
I re-blocked my old, red Swallowtail Shawl when I got home and it is as beautiful again as when I first knit it lo those many years ago. I wish I had taken a photo before pulling the wires out. That reminds me, I have a crescent swallowtail still on the needles and am very close to the bind-off. I need to get that finished.