Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Pink Flowers Biscornu

We didn't have Wifi in the condo yesterday but managed to struggle through. We went for lunch at a restaurant across the street and both conked out for naps afterwards. I guess it was the 'adult beverages' that did it.

I did a lot of stitching and got the biscornu finished last night. As there are an odd number of stitches on each side of the design, I started the running stitches around the edge in the centre of the centre stitch and one thread out from the customary line 2.5 stitches away rather than 2 stitches away.
I only had to do a little bit of fudging on one side to get all the sides aligned for stitching.
I don't have a bead or button for the centre yet.
I guess I could have stitched a little bead in the centre of the flowers on the top side but I'm not near a store that sells craft supplies.
I'm very glad I brought my portable OTT lite as the lighting in the living room of the condo is very bad. I did have to use a magnifier when I sewed the two pieces together - and a needle with more of a point to pick up the running stitches.
I won't be stitching on evenweave fabric that is less than 28 count, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment