Saturday, 13 January 2018

Done! (Well Almost)

I finished up the backstitching on the Bryggen (old harbour) Bergen cross-stitch I started back in the fall.
When I took a look at the photo, I found a couple of spots I still need to fill in. And I just realized the thing on the bottom right is a boat with a red bumper. It seems out of proportion to the other boats. While stitching it, I had not idea what it was. Once I do the last bits and get it stretched, it will be ready to frame in an 8" x 10" frame.

I have started the next stitching project - A Knitter's Sampler by Robin Sample of October House Fiber Arts. I'm using the DMC substitutes and am not that thrilled with the colours that, to my eye, don't really go together that well. If I were to stitch it again, I'd probably use 4 shades of the same colour.
Because of the big gaps between elements, I need to count carefully to make sure I don't get out of alignment.

I'm now thinking of all the things I want to take south with me to work on. I have a couple of knitting projects and will have several stitching projects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment