Monday, 19 February 2018

Hummingbird Biscornu

I finished the hummingbird biscornu. I only stitched on one side

and left the other side blank.

For stuffing, I just used the fibrefill from the pillow I had recently purchased to use down here and just stitched up the pillow when I had used enough stuffing. I certainly didn't need to buy a whole big bag of stuffing for one biscornu.

I am donating it to our birding group, the Bay Area Birders, for the money-making raffle on Saturday.
We need to raise money to pay for the advertising for BirdFest in the two local newspapers.
I hope it makes a lot of money for our group.
It's my favourite kind of raffle, too. Each raffle item has a little bag. We buy a bunch of tickets and drop a ticket into the bag in front of the item we want. That way you win stuff you want.

I'll try to get a photo of the lucky winner on Saturday.

Now I can get back to knitting my Starry Night cardigan. I had to frog both sleeves back to the increases and increase 10 more sts to make the stitch count work when I join the body for the yoke. I think I'm finally ready to start the yoke.

I'm not sure the sweater is as long as I'd like but I can always add more length by cutting across the waist and knitting in another few rounds and grafting it all back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment