Friday, 9 March 2018

First i-Cord Border Done

I finished the first i-cord border last night.
I picked up the stitches with a small needle - picking up 3 then skipping one - and knit up and down the fronts with the 3.25mm needle. I used every stitch around the neck but used a 2.5mm needle to cinch it in a bit. I could have done more k2togs as indicated in the pattern but it was leaving puckers.

Now for the second i-cord edge attached to the lime green one. Once I decide how many buttons I'll use, I can do the calculations for the buttonholes.

The 4.5 steek stitches just fold in as a facing once the i-cord edge is attached.
It needs a good blocking to flatten things out but that will have to wait until I get home. I can do some steam blocking down here if I get desperate. any errant threads will be hidden under the facing. I also may have to do something to tack the facing down .

I just LOVE the blues with the lime green. I can't wait to wear it to the Toronto Knitter's Frolic next month and hope it is cool enough to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment