Friday, 15 June 2018


I finished the Cunningham blanket. It's a free Berroco design, easily modified for any size. I did about 25" of the inner lace part before starting the 3" garter stitch border. On the blocking wires, it measures 31" on each side. As the yarn is DK weight (heavy for a baby blanket IMHO), I made it small-ish. Hopefully useful in a car seat or pram.
I used Smart yarn by Sandnesgarn - 100% superwash wool. I did add a bit of hair conditioner in the rinse water to soften it up even more. It will have a nice drape.

The pinhole centre cast-on was a great idea.
I still have buttons to sew on the little sweater and may knit up a little hat or headband to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment