Thursday, 6 December 2018

Geri's Academy of Sewing

Yesterday I coached Jen and Marilyn through the steps to make the project bags. It went well. They were both amazed at how good they looked once finished. The secret is that all the raw edges are hidden.
The topstitching makes a very nice finish. I may have to make a couple more for myself. My pupils were also amazed to learn that zippers could easily be trimmed to fit any project its size or smaller. I usually buy 16" zippers (on sale, of course) and trim them as needed.
Lying in bed this morning, it occurred to me that if I made the vinyl bigger, fat quarters could be used for the two fabrics. They're certainly great stash busters.

Tomorrow the three of us plus Barb and Jeanette are taking a wool appliqué class at the Quilter's Cupboard in Uxbridge. I used my nifty micro serrated scissors today to cut out the base of my project - black wool and black felt. I'm all set for tomorrow's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment